May 28, 2011

3.25.2010

that's me on the 5th floor. except that it's not right now because I'm taking the picture. well, not right now i'm not taking the picture, but. whatever.

Tuesday I started Chapter One (in The Many Merry Comedies, Tragedies and Adventures of Androph in International Paper Forest) in which Androph Secures A GenuINE Full-time Job And Learns What It Means To Be A Peon In the Business World. I remain joyfully awed by God’s provisions in this matter. I am particularly relieved, emotionally, spiritually, historically, technically, really, philosophically and ecumenically, to be working for one of the Most Ethical Companies in the world. So relieved, that I will be able to rest in peace through the night knowing that, while we still chop down trees at the ankles and by the miles day after day; strip, boil, and grind their flesh to a pulp, just like Dunder Mifflin and every other paper company in the world, at least we do it with Compassionate Hearts and Tender Care.

On this, my third day, I sensed for the first time that I had any understanding of what was rushing in one ear and out the other, as they say. Imagine a small open-ended PVC pipe running through my head, auris to auris, and dust-like particles with foreign-worded, technically-termed labels, skipping along through it, floating in the air. Now imagine little brain-hands inside the tube gaspilly grasping at the particles, trying desperately to just touch the hem of their little techno-utility kilts, much less be able to feel confident wearing one. And then, once or twice in a blue moon (I surely hope MY brain-hands don't take this expression seriously or else I'll be up a creek trying to get promoted and the closest

Pierre's Pert-Near-Perfect Paddles Provisions

is far from within reachin distance) they manage to capture one of these Rare and Intimidating Particles. The light which illuminates the skeleton of this machine called International Paper is beginning to shine my way, photon by 669,600,000 mph photon. Poor little brain-hands. They have a seemingly insurmountable task before them. BUT - with the help of the Creator of all the brain-hands of all the earth, we shall eventually harvest enough to prosper.


4 comments:

JESUS CHRIST IS MY HERO.