May 28, 2011

4.14.2010

because I "cannot" go to sleep right now, and Mama isn't awake to sing Kentucky Babe to me, I decided to write to you instead.
[[[it's not going to help me go to sleep, I don't think, but maybe it will tire my not-so-sleepy little eyeballs, which have had a very long day. a good day, but a long day. i decided to go into work at 730 instead of the usual 8 and get a jump on my duties, which I did - well, I didn't actually jump on my duties. that would have been an expensive mistake. not only would that have involved jumping on my laptop computer, I probably would have been fired for doing it. talk about expensive. so I take it back, I didn't jump on my duties.
i did, however, recently resolve to start jumping a rope regularly. i have a jump rope I bought at Target probably last summer and has been in my dror ever since then. my initial inspiration was brought about last winter by a georgia peach. only now am i getting around to it. see how inspired i was? rope jumping, i hear, is a very good exercise. but so far, the only exercise I have received from it was in patience. i always thought rope jumping was a holy sport! (no, i didn't, i was being sarcastic. and i don't even think it's a sport. so just scratch that sentence. badly done, drewba, badly done.)
(btw, you can't call me drewba. only one person calls me that and it ain't you. probably.) (but you can take your pick of these: drew, andy, crandrew, drewbagger, fezzik, androphenese, or Captain Awesome.)
enough about me. This post is officially about Chloe Carol Guess. ]]]
You know, just thinking about posting is making me feel sleepy. Forget this, I'm going to sleep. It sure seemed like a Good Idea at the time.

6 comments:

  1. Don't tell me you wrote this on your iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't. that would have been laborious indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. would that be the dror formerly called drawer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chloe is pretty awesome, I have to say. Maybe you can teach her to jumprope.

    I miss Kentucky Babe, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this was a long time ago, but still one of the best posts ever.

    ReplyDelete

JESUS CHRIST IS MY HERO.